Call for 2013 SSDM Award Nomination Closed
The SSDM Award was established to recognize outstanding contributions to academic or industrial development in the field of solid state devices and materials. Papers to be nominated for the 2013 SSDM Award should be among those that have been presented between the 1st SSD conference in 1969 and the 39th SSDM conference in 2007. The SSDM Award will ultimately be decided by the SSDM Organizing Committee after a recommendation is made by the SSDM Award Nomination Committee. The recommendation will be in accordance with the following two criteria.
The Award-winning selection must be original and must have had a significant theoretical or practical impact in the field of solid state devices and materials.
The author(s) of the Award-winning selection must have played or be playing a pioneering or leading role, with globally outstanding contributions, in the technology area of the nomination.
Candidate and Nominator Eligibility
- Candidates Eligible for the Award
All authors who presented papers between the 1st SSD conference in 1969 and the 39th SSDM conference in 2007, excluding the following
1) Authors who have passed away
- Eligible Nominators and Endorsers
Anyone, excluding the following
1) The author of the paper to be nominated
2) Present members of the SSDM Award Nomination Committee
Submission Process for SSDM Award nominations
The following is the process for submitting nominations.
- Before deciding on a candidate for the Award, confirm the eligibility of nominators and candidates once again.
- Download the Nomination Form.
- Fill out the Nomination Form and send it to the SSDM Secretariat by the nomination deadline.
Nomination deadline: 1st April 2013
If you have any questions, please ask the secretariat by e-mail
c/o Inter Group
3rd Floor, East Tower, AKASAKA TWIN TOWERS,
17-22 Akasaka 2-chome, Minato-ku, Tokyo
History of SSDM Award