ABOUT SSDM 2008
2008 INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON
SOLID STATE DEVICES AND MATERIALS
THE 40th ANNIVERSARY
Conference: September 24-26, 2008
Short Course (in Japanese): September 23, 2008
Special Events: September 23-26, 2008
The 2008 International Conference on Solid State Devices and Materials (SSDM2008) will be held from September 24 to September 26, 2008 at Tsukuba International Congress Center (Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan). Since 1969, the conference has provided an excellent opportunity to discuss key aspects of solid-state devices and materials. This year the SSDM, which is celebrating its 40th anniversary, is organized to have 13 program subcommittees covering circuits and systems, as well as devices and materials. A one-day short course and special events celebrating the 40th anniversary are also scheduled prior to the conference. More information about SSDM 2008 is available online at: http://www. ssdm.jp
The 40th Anniversary Special Events
- Special Talk by Prof. Simon Sze after Short Course on September 23rd. Talk title is "Nanoelectronic Technology: Challenges in the 21st Century." This talk is open to public without entrance fee.
- An extra DVD which includes past 40 years' SSD & SSDM all papers will be distributed to all participants.
- A hardcover book entitled "40 years of SSDM, Past, Present and Future (Tentative)" will be also distributed to all participants.
- Panels of past "SSDM Award" will be exhibited during the conference (September 24-26, 2008).
- A technical seminar on "Research and Development Activities in Science City of Tsukuba" will be organized in the afternoon of September 23, 2008, prior to the conference. All presentations are given in English. This talk is open to public without entrance fee.
- A welcome reception will be held in the evening of September 23, 2008, prior to the conference. This reception is open to all SSDM and/or Short-Course participants without additional fees. The other visitors who do not register SSDM and/or Short-Course will be required to pay for the fee of 2,000 JPY.